Las Vegas through MEX: The Ultimate Guide to Enjoying the City
Hello, traveler! Welcome back to the MEX Rent A Car blog, where you'll find the best tips and useful information for your upcoming destinations. Today, we'll be talking about one of the most visited and exciting cities in the world: Las Vegas, Nevada, in the United States. Ready to explore the city that never sleeps?
Las Vegas is a unique place where you can have unforgettable experiences, from gambling in casinos to enjoying world-class shows. However, it's also a city that has much more to offer, such as diverse gastronomy, a vibrant nightlife, and stunning natural landscapes in its surroundings.
To fully explore everything Las Vegas has for you, it's best to have a rental car that you can pick up at McCarran International Airport with MEX Rent A Car, a renowned rental brand in Mexico and worldwide. MEX offers the best rates and quality service, allowing you to enjoy the city at your own pace and without complications.
First things first: Why visit Las Vegas?
Las Vegas is a city that has it all: entertainment, culture, history, nature, and more. It's an ideal destination for any type of traveler, whether you're seeking fun, relaxation, adventure, or romance. Here are some reasons why you should visit Las Vegas at least once in your life:
- The Entertainment Capital of the World: Las Vegas offers the best shows, from musicals, circus acts, magic, comedy, to boxing matches. There are options for all tastes and budgets, including famous shows like Cirque du Soleil, the David Copperfield show, and residencies by global artists like Adele, Celine Dion, The Killers, and Bruno Mars.
- Constant Reinvention: Las Vegas is always at the forefront of innovation and creativity. Every year sees the opening of new attractions, hotels, restaurants, and casinos that astonish visitors. Recent highlights include The Sphere, a stunning spherical concert venue, and Resorts World, an Asian-themed resort.
- Rich in History and Curiosities: Las Vegas wasn't always the dazzling city it is today. Its origins trace back to 1905 when it was founded as a railroad stop, and since then, it has undergone many transformations. Interesting facts include having over 150,000 hotel rooms, consuming more than 60,000 pounds of shrimp daily, and hosting over 300 weddings every day.
These are just a few attractions of Las Vegas, but there's much more for you to discover. Don't miss the chance to travel and experience firsthand the city that lives up to its motto: What happens in Las Vegas, stays in Las Vegas.
Benefits of Renting a Car in Las Vegas
The best way to enjoy Las Vegas is by driving a MEX Rent A Car, the agency that offers you the best advantages for your trip. Some benefits of renting cars in Las Vegas include:
- Freedom to Explore at Your Own Pace: With a car at your disposal, you can roam the city without relying on public transportation, taxis, or organized tours. You can go wherever you want, whenever you want, with no restrictions or schedules.
- Access to Places Beyond the Strip: Las Vegas has much more than the famous Strip where major hotels and casinos are concentrated. With a car, you can visit other interesting places like Downtown, the city's old quarter, Fremont Street Experience, a light and sound show, or the Neon Museum, an outdoor museum with historic neon signs.
- Opportunity to Explore Nearby National Parks: Las Vegas is surrounded by natural wonders worth exploring, such as the Grand Canyon, Death Valley, Zion National Park, or Lake Mead. With a car, you can take day trips or multi-day excursions to these places, enjoying incredible landscapes and outdoor activities.
Here are some tips to save on car rental:
- Book in advance to secure the availability of your preferred car and take advantage of the offers and discounts that MEX Rent A Car has for you.
- Choose the car that suits your needs. MEX Rent A Car offers a variety of options, from economical cars to family SUVs. Select the one that fits your budget, the number of people, and the luggage you're carrying.
- Return the car with the same level of fuel you received it. This way, you'll avoid additional charges for refueling. In Las Vegas, there are many gas stations where you can fill up the tank before returning your car.
Exploring Las Vegas and its Surroundings
Now, let's share some suggestions for places you can't miss on your next visit to the "Sin City."
1. The Strip
The Strip is the heart of Las Vegas, where the most famous and luxurious hotels and casinos are located. It's a must-see both during the day and at night, as it completely transforms its appearance. Exploring the Strip is like traveling around the world, as each hotel has a different theme inspired by places like Paris, Venice, New York, or Egypt. Some attractions you can enjoy on the Strip include:
2. The Eiffel Tower
The Paris hotel features a replica of the famous structure at 50% scale, providing a panoramic view of the city. You can also watch the light and music show performed every half-hour at the hotel's fountain.
3. The Volcano
The Mirage hotel has an artificial volcano that erupts every night, featuring fire, water, and sound effects. It's a free show that can be seen from the street.
4. The Bellagio Fountain
The Bellagio hotel has one of the world's largest and most famous fountains, offering a water, light, and music show every 15 or 30 minutes, depending on the time. It's one of the most iconic postcards of Las Vegas.
5. The Sphinx and the Pyramid
The Luxor hotel has an impressive pyramid-shaped structure housing the casino and rooms. It also has a replica of the Sphinx of Giza, welcoming visitors. At night, you can see a powerful beam of light emanating from the top of the pyramid, said to be the most potent in the world.
6. The Roller Coaster
The New York New York hotel has a roller coaster that runs along the exterior of the hotel, simulating the city's skyline with replicas of buildings like the Empire State or the Statue of Liberty. It's an ideal choice for adrenaline lovers and panoramic views.
7. The Sphere
The Sphere is one of the newest and most spectacular attractions in Las Vegas. It's a concert hall shaped like a sphere, with a capacity for 17,000 people and a 360-degree LED screen that creates an immersive and sensory experience. Here, you can see top artists of the moment, such as Lady Gaga, U2, or Ed Sheeran.
These are just some of the attractions you can find on the Strip, but there are many more to discover. We recommend taking your time to stroll along the boulevard and enter the hotels and casinos that catch your attention. Each one has its own personality and charm.
The Incredible National Parks
Las Vegas is not just a city of lights and fun but also a starting point to explore some of the most breathtaking national parks in the United States. With a MEX Rent A Car, you can take day trips or multi-day excursions to these places that will leave you breathless. Some of the national parks you can visit from Las Vegas include:
1. The Grand Canyon
One of the natural wonders of the world, spanning over 400 kilometers with a depth of over 1.5 kilometers. It's a place you must see to believe, offering spectacular views and a sense of vastness.
To reach the Grand Canyon from Las Vegas, there are various options such as taking a helicopter tour or driving. If you choose the latter, you can go to the South Rim or the West Rim, which are the most popular. The South Rim is about 4.5 hours from Las Vegas and has more infrastructure and services. The West Rim is about 2.5 hours away and usually has fewer people. There, you can visit the famous Skywalk, a glass platform extending from the canyon that allows you to see the void beneath your feet.
2. Death Valley
It's the driest and hottest place in the United States, but it has a wild and desolate beauty. It surprises with its contrasts, from sand dunes to snowy mountains, passing through colorful rock formations and crystalline salt flats.
To reach Death Valley from Las Vegas, it takes about 2.5 hours to drive, and it's recommended to go early to avoid extreme heat. Some places you can visit in Death Valley are Zabriskie Point, a viewpoint with incredible views of the eroded landscape, Badwater Basin, the lowest point in North America with a salt surface resembling a mirror, or Dante's View, a panoramic point offering a view of the valley from a height of over 1.6 kilometers.
3. Zion National Park
It's a place that will captivate you with its natural beauty and diversity of ecosystems. Ideal for hiking enthusiasts, it offers over 90 trails of different difficulty levels and durations. You can also engage in activities like climbing, cycling, or rafting.
To reach Zion National Park from Las Vegas, it takes about 2 hours and 45 minutes to drive, and it's recommended to spend at least a full day to make the most of the park. Some places you can visit in Zion National Park are Angels Landing, a viewpoint with breathtaking canyon views, The Narrows, a narrow passage between rock walls where a river flows, or Emerald Pools, a set of pools and waterfalls with emerald-green color.
These are just some of the national parks; we recommend planning your itinerary well and booking your entry and accommodation in advance, as these places are very popular and have limited capacity.
Las Vegas' Unique Gastronom
Las Vegas is a city that offers diverse and quality gastronomy, satisfying even the most discerning palates. You'll find everything from buffets to restaurants owned by renowned chefs, fast food, international cuisine, and regional dishes. Here are some suggestions for places where you can try authentic Las Vegas cuisine:
- Bacchanal Buffet: Located at Caesars Palace, it is the largest and most famous buffet in Las Vegas. Here, you can taste over 500 different dishes, including seafood, meats, salads, pizzas, pasta, sushi, desserts, and more. The buffet price varies depending on the day and time, but it's around $60 per person.
- Gordon Ramsay Steak: This is the restaurant owned by the famous British chef, located at Paris Las Vegas. Here, you'll enjoy a high-level culinary experience with dishes such as red wine steak, lobster risotto, or chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream. The average price per person is around $100, excluding drinks and tips.
- Peppermill: An iconic restaurant in Las Vegas, located on the Strip. It retains the charm of the 70s, with retro decor and a cozy atmosphere. Here, you can try typical American dishes such as burgers, sandwiches, salads, soups, or breakfasts. The average price per person is around $20, and the restaurant is open 24 hours a day.
Nightlife and Entertainment in the City
Las Vegas is a city that never sleeps, offering nightlife and entertainment like no other. You can find everything from bars, nightclubs, pubs, and karaoke to casinos, gaming rooms, bingo, and sports betting. Here are some suggestions for places where you can enjoy the night in Las Vegas:
One of the most popular and exclusive nightclubs in Las Vegas, located at Caesars Palace. Here, you can dance to the rhythm of the world's best DJs, such as Calvin Harris, Tiësto, or Martin Garrix, in a sophisticated and modern atmosphere. The club has a terrace with a spectacular view of the Strip and an impressive metal structure that moves to the beat of the music. The entrance price varies depending on the day and DJ, but it's around $50 per person.
It's the tallest Ferris wheel in the world, located at The LINQ. Here, you'll have access to a panoramic view of the city from a height of 167 meters while enjoying a delicious drink. The High Roller has various options for a unique experience, such as Chocolate Tasting, which includes a tasting of artisanal chocolates. The price of the High Roller varies depending on the option and time, but it's around $30 per person.
One of the most fun and original shows in Las Vegas, held in a tent in front of the Bellagio hotel. Here, circus, cabaret, comedy, and burlesque blend together with acts of acrobatics, juggling, balance, and magic. The show is for those over 18 years old, as it has sharp and spicy humor that leaves no one indifferent. The price of Absinthe is around $100 per person, and it's recommended to book in advance.
These are just some of the places where you can enjoy nightlife and entertainment in Las Vegas, but there are many more. Remember to have fun responsibly and don't forget to make the most of Las Vegas nightlife.
If you're traveling to Las Vegas, rent a car with MEX
As you may have noticed, Las Vegas has a lot to offer, from entertainment, gastronomy, history, nature, and more. It's a destination you must visit, as it offers unique and unforgettable experiences. To fully enjoy Las Vegas, it's best to have the flexibility and comfort provided by MEX Rent A Car.
We hope you liked this blog and that it served as inspiration and a guide to plan your next trip. And if you're ready to experience the adventure of Las Vegas, don't wait any longer and book your car with us at mexrentacar.com. We look forward to welcoming you!