Panama Terms & Conditions
Thank you for choosing Mex Rent a Car. After collecting your lugagge and exiting thid area, our team will be waiting for you as part of our meet and great service, and will take you to the main office to proceed with the car rental contract. You can identify our team with the Mex Rent a Car and Automobile Car Rental logos. If you have an doubt, please contact us at our local number 507-6282-7456 or to our 24/7 contact center at +52 (33) 4624 2114.
Additional drivers are $5.50 USD per day plus taxes per driver.
The deposit will depend on the car class selected and the insurance option included. Deposit can go from $300.00 to $600.00 USD.
One-way rentals are not currently available.
Minimum age to drive a sedan vehicle is 2 and to drive a SUV and higher category vehicles is 25. An underage charge of $8.00 USD per day plus taxes applies for renters with less than 25 years old.
Child seats are available for $8.99 USD per day plus taxes.
Vehicles must be returned with the same amount of fuel as at the start of rental to avoid refueling charges.
Vehicles cannot cross the border to other countries.
The mileage is unlimited.
All drivers must present a valid drivers license at the time of pick up.
Please do not smoke inside the vehicle. If any smoke is detected, a cleaning fee will apply.
We accept debit and credit cards (Visa, MasterCard and American Express) and cash for payment. We do not accept travelers checks for any type of payment.
Mex Rent A Car reserves the right not to deliver the vehicle if it considers that the driver is not able to drive or if driver does not comply with the rules described on these terms, even if the booking has been pre-paid. Therefore, it is very important that you familiarize the terms and the documents that need to be presented at pick up. For more information, please contact us at +52 (33) 4624 2114.
INSURANCE AND WAIVER OPTIONS
TPL (Third Party Liability) protection is mandatory by law in the country of Panama so it will be added to your original reservation, as long as it is not already included. Please check terms and conditions for any clarification.
- TPL (Third Party Liability): Required by law to comply with Panama regulations. In case of an accident a police report will be requested. The cost is 18.50 USD per day plus taxes. The client can add SLI (Supplemental Liability Insurance) to increase the amount covered by this protection.
- SLI (Supplemental Liability Insurance): Extends the coverage of damages to third parties from $30,000.00 up to $100,000.00 USD and costs 6.00 USD per day plus taxes. In case of an accident a police report will be requested. It is necessary to add TPL first in order to select this insurance.
- RSA (Roadside assistance): Included in the basic CDW coverage and provides assistance in case of accident or vehicle mishap for up to 180 USD.
- CDW (Collision Damage Waiver): Basic protection plan mandatory for transit in Panama and can be purchased at the counter for the amount of 25.00 USD per day plus taxes, and includes TPL and RSA and TP insurance. It is also possible to decline the payment of this at the counter by presenting a credit card that covers this protection and it will be necessary to present a letter from the bank indicating that this service will be provided, also, the renter must accept in payment of damages directly to the car rental company in case of accident to later request reimbursement with their bank. In case of an accident, a police report will be required. Minor damages such as scratches or small dents are not covered by this protection. The deductible payment in case of an accident can vary between 1,500.00 USD and 3,000.00 USD depending on the vehicle.
- LDW (Loss Damage Waiver): Extends CDW protection by completely reducing the deductible payment in case of accident (in case of collision the client must prove that he/she was not at fault and a police report will be required to make the insurance valid). Includes tire and glass protection in case of an accident. It costs 22.00 USD per day plus taxes.
- TP (Theft protection): Included in the basic coverage plan CDW with the corresponding rules and excess.
Rates that are impacted by a website technical issue, database issue or other means will not be honored by the location if the rate display was inaccurate due to a technical issue or tampering issue to change the rate display.
All reservations have 2 hours after the confirmed pick up date and time. After this time, we cannot guarantee the availability of the reserved vehicle, but we will do our best to provide you with a solution.
If your booking was confirmed through the website www.mexrentacar.com or through our Call Center at +52 (33) 4624 2114, please use the same channel to request your cancellation. If your booking was confirmed through a third-party website (broker, online travel agency, etc.) please use the same third-party website to request your cancellation. Some third-party sites have cancellation fees if the booking is not cancelled within certain period of time. Mex Rent A Car will not be responsible for such cancellation fees.
Due fluctuations on the currency exchange rate, have in mind that the total charged on your credit card might differ from the total displayed on our website. The difference (if any) will depend on the currency exchange rate between the moment when the booking was made and the moment when the charge is reflected on your credit card statement. On the event we have to refund any amount to your account, we will refund the exact same amount charged originally and we will not be responsible for any currency fluctuation that may occur and that results in a higher or lower refund than the one expected.