Tampa Terms & Conditions
Please take the Tram from the Airport to the Car Rental Center. Once at the Car Rental Center follow the signs "public bus/ off airport car rentals", take the elevator to level 1 and wait near the "drop off/pick up" sign. You will identify our representatives with ONE SWITCH and Mex Rent a Car logo.
All customers should present the following documents in order to proceed with the rental:
- Official ID (Passport or ID card).
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Major Credit Card on the main driver’s name.
- Insurance coverage proof (Declaration Page)
The same credit card or same cardholder cannot be used to rent two or more vehicles within the same time period.
We recommend you to check more specifications on DRIVERS LICENSE and DEPOSIT.
It is allowed to add up to 2 additional drivers. There is a charge of $12.99 USD plus tax per day per additional driver. Additional drivers must have a valid driving license.
Minimum rental age permitted is 21 years. A young driver fee of $12.99 USD plus tax per day applies to drivers under the age of 24.
Maximum rental age permitted is 74 years. A senior driver fee of $9.99 USD plus tax per day applies to drivers aged 70 and above.
If your booking was confirmed through the website www.mexrentacar.com or through our Call Center at +52 (33) 4624 2114, please use the same channel to request your cancellation. If your booking was confirmed through a third-party website (broker, online travel agency, etc.) please use the same third-party website to request your cancellation. Some third-party sites have cancellation fees if the booking is not canceled within a certain period of time. Mex Rent a Car will not be responsible for such cancellation fees.
Required deposit depends on the coverage or protection selected, as well as the type of vehicle. The security deposit amount is from $250.00 USD up to $2,500.00 USD.
The security deposit will be only a hold place onto the customer's major credit card, and the release time will be up to 15 business days, depending on each bank branch. The following payment methods are accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners, Discover.
The driver license must have been issued by authorized authorities at least 1 year(s) before the date of the commencement of the rental and must be valid during the rental period.
Due fluctuations on the currency exchange rate, have in mind that the total charged on your credit card might differ from the total displayed on our website. The difference (if any) will depend on the currency exchange rate between the moment when the booking was made and the moment when the charge is reflected on your credit card statement. In the event we have to refund any amount to your account, we will refund the exact same amount charged originally and we will not be responsible for any currency fluctuation that may occur and that results in a higher or lower refund than the one expected.
Vehicles must be returned with the same amount of fuel as at the start of rental to avoid refueling charges. The cost per missing gallon will be around $9.99 USD.
Vehicles can only be driven within the state of Florida, otherwise a fine of $1,000.00 + taxes + $0.25 per mile will be applied.
Reservations will be honored for a period of 1 hour after the confirmed pick up date and time. After this period, we cannot guarantee the reserved vehicle, but you can be sure we will do everything in our power to provide you with a vehicle.
Customers will have 1 hour after the confirmed drop off date and time. After this time, charges for an extra day may apply.
INSURANCE AND WAIVER OPTIONS
The following options are available to add at the counter:
- Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI): Provides the renter and authorized drivers with up to $1,000,000.00 combined single limit for third party liability claims. It is available from $19.99 USD plus tax per day.
- Roadside Assistance: (RSA): It covers emergency towing, battery assistance, flat tire assistance, fuel and water delivery service, winching and lost key or lockout service. It is available for $2.99 USD plus tax per day.
- Personal Accident Insurance / Personal Effects Coverage (PAI / PEI): It is offered at the time of rental for an additional daily charge of $2.99 USD plus tax per day. If accepted, the PAI contained in the policy provides renter and renter's passengers with accidental death, accident medical expenses and ambulance expense benefits. The PEI contained in the policy insures the personal effects of the renter, additional drivers, or any members of the renter's immediate family who permanently resides in the renter's household and who is traveling with the renter against risks of loss or damage. Benefits are payable in addition to any other insurance coverage the renter or passengers may have. PAI provides Accidental Death ($175,000 renter / $17,500 passenger), Accidental Medical Expense ($3,500) and Travel Assistance while the rentee is in, boarding or alighting the rental vehicle. PEI provides limited coverage from loss or damage to the rentee’s personal belongings caused by theft,damage or accident to your rental vehicle. $525 maximum per person. PAI/PEI is only available as a package.
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW): CDW Insurance means the car rental company waives the right to collect a high deductible from you if the car is damaged, and most importantly it covers most of the car if you are in a collision. It is available from $24.99 USD plus tax per day, and significantly reduces the deductibles owed if you do have an accident or there is damage to the vehicle. Essentially, the rental company waivers their right to make you, the renter, pay for damages to the car. If you do have an accident, or the car is stolen, without CDW Insurance you will have to pay for all the repairs and recovery charges. With CDW insurance you only must pay an excess or deductible, which will be significantly less.
The mileage is unlimited.
Mileage allowed for Florida residents only: 50 miles a day and 2,000 miles per rental, extra mile cost of $0.75 plus tax for extra mile, airport surcharge, vehicle registration fee, energy recovery fee, VAT (value added tax).
Please do not smoke inside the vehicle. If any smoke is detected, a cleaning fee will apply.
Domestic one-way trips are available for an extra charge:
- There is a $149.99 + tax charge between MIA and MCO branches.
- There is a $89.99 + tax charge between MIA and FLL branches.
- There is a $149.99 + tax charge between MIA and TPA branches.
- There is a $149.99 + tax charge between MCO and FLL branches.
- There is a $69.99 + tax charge between MCO and TPA branches.
- There is a $149.99 + tax charge between TPA and FLL branches.
Rates that are impacted by a website technical issue, database issue or other means will not be honored by the location if the rate display was inaccurate due to a technical issue or tampering issue to change the rate display.
Child Seats are available for an additional charge of 6.99 USD plus tax per day for each child seat. If the seat is not returned in the same condition, less normal wear and tear as received, a cleaning fee will be assessed. If the seat is damaged a repair or replacement charge will apply. (Subject to availability).
GPS units are available for a single charge of $49.99 USD plus tax. Please ask for details at time of rental.
Tollways charge is available for $14.99 USD plus tax per day. Please ask for details at time of rental.
At the time of pick up, customers will be required to pay the amount of the rental and a deposit. The following payment methods are accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners, Discover.
Additional insurance Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) must be purchased mandatory if using the following payment method(s): Cash, Debit cards.
It is necessary to present a valid Major credit card in the rental office in the name of the main driver to pre-authorize / charge the amount as a deposit. The numbers of the credit card (s) must be highlighted and it may be necessary to enter the PIN code.
Mex Rent A Car reserves the right not to deliver the vehicle if it considers that the driver is not able to drive or if the driver does not comply with the rules described on these terms, even if the booking has been prepaid. Therefore, it is very important that you comply with the terms and the documents that need to be presented at pick up. For more information, please contact us at +52 (33) 4624 2114.
E-Toll is not mandatory, however, all of the rental cars are equipped with a One Pass transponder that is glued to the windshield of the car and is not removable. Personal devices from the customer are not allowed.
We offer three options for E-Tolls:
1. The Tolls Activation Service from $10.99 plus what you consumed plus tax per day.
2. Unlimited Toll option from $14.99 plus tax per day unlimited use.
3. Pay at the end what you consumed plus $25.00 plus tax admin fee per day.
*If the customer removes the Tolls sticker from the car, an additional penalty of $250.00 plus tax will apply.
MULTIPLE OR DUPLICATED RESERVATIONS
If you require multiple vehicles for the same or overlapping time periods, please make sure to use a different name for each reservation, otherwise the duplicate name reservations will be automatically canceled. Mex Rent A Car will not be responsible for such cancellations.