Rent a car in Cancun and explore its archaeological legacy
Cancun is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Mexico and the world. And for good reason, as this city offers a perfect mix of natural beauty, fun and culture. If you want to go to Cancun, here we tell you some archaeological sites near this paradise in the Caribbean. So you can learn more about the fascinating Mayan civilization that inhabited this region centuries ago.
How to get to Cancun?
Cancun is located in the state of Quintana Roo, in southeastern Mexico. So, the easiest and fastest way to get there is by plane. From the Cancun International Airport you can easily get to your hotel or accommodation.
If you want to explore Cancun and its surroundings with total freedom and comfort, rent a vehicle. This way you can travel at your own pace and visit the places that interest you most without depending on schedules or fixed routes.
With MEX, it is very easy to rent a car in Cancun. You only need an official identification (like your passport), driver's license and a credit card. The minimum age to rent is 18 years.
What archaeological sites can you visit near Cancun?
Cancun is surrounded by impressive Mayan sites that testify to the historical and cultural legacy of the Maya. Some of the most outstanding are:
- Chichen Itza: This archaeological site is a World Heritage Site and one of the "New Seven Wonders of the World". Here you can admire the imposing pyramid of Kukulcan and many other buildings that reflect the greatness of this ancient Mayan city.
- Tulum: this archaeological site stands out for its location facing the Caribbean Sea, which makes it a very special place. Here you will see El Castillo, the Temple of the Descending God, the Temple of the Frescoes and other ancestral buildings.
- Coba: an ancient city that extends over more than 43 miles square in the middle of the jungle. Here is the highest pyramid in the Mayan world: Nohoch Mul. You can climb the structure and see a splendid view of the jungle landscape.
- El Meco: is an archaeological site located just 3 miles from Cancun. Here you can appreciate El Castillo and other temples, squares and ball games that were part of this ceremonial center.
- El Rey: nestled in the heart of Cancun's Hotel Zone, here you will find more than 40 structures. Among them, two platforms with temples, a ball game and several sculptures of Mayan characters stand out.
What other attractions can you enjoy in Cancun?
In addition to visiting the archaeological sites, Cancun offers you many other options to have fun and relax. Some of them are:
Beautiful beaches, with white sand and crystal clear water. Some of the most popular beaches are: Playa Delfines, Playa Tortugas, Playa Langosta, Playa Caracol and Playa Gaviota Azul.
You should also visit the variety of theme parks in the Riviera Maya, such as Xcaret, Xel-Ha, Ventura Park and Selvatica. Don't forget to visit other nearby tourist destinations such as Playa del Carmen, Isla Mujeres, Akumal and Cozumel.
What are you waiting for to visit Cancun?
As you can see, Cancun is a destination with a lot to offer. Live an incredible vacation in this magical place. Contact us and book your car rental service in Cancun. At MEX Rent A Car we offer you the best prices, the best quality and the best service. Don't wait any longer and rent your car with us today.