St. Maarten Terms & Conditions
Thank you for choosing Mex Rent a Car. Our representative will await your arrival at the Airport holding a MEX sign. You can also call at 1-721-545-5634 or 35 or from the US at 1-315-210-6883.
Minimum age permitted is 18 and maximum age is 90. Renter’s between 18 and 23 must pay an additional $15.00 USD per day plus taxes.
The mileage is unlimited.
Vehicles must be returned with the same amount of fuel as at the start of rental to avoid refueling charges.
GPS units are available for $7.00 USD per day plus taxes each. Child Seat units are available for $7.00 USD per day plus taxes each.
Additional drivers are $5.00 USD per day plus taxes each.
One way rentals are available. A drop-off charge may apply.
Border crossing is allowed. Vehicles cannot leave the island.
INSURANCES & WAIVERS
You will be able to select one of the following additional coverages at time of rental:
- (RLP) Renter Liability Protection: Covers injury and damage to the third party up to $100,000 USD with a deductible of $1,500.00 USD. RLP is $5.00 USD per day plus taxes.
- (SLI) Supplemental Liability Insurance: Covers injury and damage to the third party up to $1.1 million with a deductible of $500.00 USD. SLI is $8.00 USD per day plus taxes.
- (CDW) Collision Damage Waiver: Protect the renter against vehicle damages caused within an accident with a deductible of $500.00 USD. CDW is $10.00 USD per day plus taxes.
- (LDW) Loss Damage Waiver: Protect the renter against vehicle damages caused within an accident with a 0% Deductible. LDW is $15.00 USD per day plus taxes
- (RSA) Roadside Assistance: If there is more help needed like towing, flat tire, locksmith, etc., and its the customers fault, customer will be responsible for the charges. If it`s a malfunction of the car which is not the customers fault, there will be no cost for the customer. RSA is $5.00 USD per day plus taxes.
- (TW SX) Tires and Windshields Coverage: Covers tires, headlights and wind-screen. Damages are not covered if: Negligence, driving while intoxicated, damages caused by nature rain, storms or earthquake. TW SX is $5.00 USD per day plus taxes.
If CDW is not included in your rate nor purchased at the counter, it will be consider as a basic rental. Basic rental only have coverage for the third party with an excess of $1,500.00 USD. Damages to the rental vehicle is not covered therefore the customer is responsible for the total value of the vehicle and/or the total cost of the repairs.
Visa, MasterCard and American Express credit cards are accepted.
Deposit can go from $500.00 to $800.00 USD, depending the car selected and the insurance included.
Rates that are impacted by a website technical issue, database issue or other means will not be honored by the location if the rate display was inaccurate due to a technical issue or tampering issue to change the rate display.