Thank you for choosing Mex Rent A Car Iceland. After collecting your luggage, you will see our representative holding the Mex Rent A Car logo on a board. Please identify yourself to the agent. If flight number is not provided within the booking, please call us for shuttle service at 354-555-3330.
Additional drivers are $6.50 USD per day plus taxes. Driver has to have held his/her license for one year.
The minimum age is 20 years old. An underage charge of $15.00 USD per day plus taxes applies for renters between 20 and 23 years old. To rent a Jeep the renter must be 23 years old. The maximum age allowed is 85 years old.
The mileage is unlimited.
If your reservation was confirmed directly with Mex Rent a Car by utilizing the reservation call center at +52(33)-3122-0878 or through the Mex Rent a Car web page at www.mexrentacar.com, please use the same source to cancel your reservation. Mex Rent a Car does not charge a cancellation fee, but does request such cancellation notice as soon as travel plans have changed. If your reservation was confirmed through another provider (booking site, outside source, etc.), please use the Mex Rent a Car web page at www.mexrentacar.com. Some providers (booking site, outside source, etc.) may charge for the cancellation of a reservation if not cancelled within a specific time frame. Cancellation of a reservation directly thru Mex Rent a Car when confirmed thru another provider, may not relieve your responsibility with that provider. In order to alleviate such charges (cancellation fee or penalty) check with the provider and cancel the reservation directly with the provider.
GPS devices are available at the counter for $11.50 USD per day plus taxes. In Iceland it is mandatory for young children to travel in safety seats while in a vehicle. Child seats are available if pre-ordered. These child seats are generally suitable for children aged from 6 months to 4 years of age. Child seats are also available for $9.00 USD per day plus taxes.
Vehicles must be returned with the same amount of fuel as at the start of rental to avoid refueling charges.
Vehicles cannot be driven outside the country.
INSURANCE & WAIVERS
General provisions. Insurance: Third party liability insurance shall be equivalent to the amount stipulated by Icelandic law each time. The lessee is totally responsible for any and all damage to the car. By purchasing Collision Damage Waiver - CDW the lessee can insure himself against the disbursement of the driver liability; the amount of the own-risk fee is according to lessor´s pricelist at given time and is also stated on the front side of this rental agreement. If lessee has already purchased CDW insurance he/she is able to purchase SCDW insurance and by doing so further lower the own-risk.
However, no insurance covers damages to the underside of the rented vehicle or damages due to driving through rivers or any kind of waterfall. CDW and SCDW do not cover such damages. Such damages are always the lessee’s full responsibility.
Third party liability is equivalent to the amount stipulated by Icelandic law at each time. This also applies to the amount of individual driver liability.
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW): With our standard insurance CDW the excess amount is 358,000 ISK. CDW is available for $11.50 USD per day plus taxes.
- The lessee can purchase separate accident insurance (SCDW) to lower the excess down to 176,000 ISK. This policy will specify the liability of renter in each instance of loss. SCDW is available for $13.50 per day plus taxes.
This Collision Damage Waiver CDW and SCDW does NOT cover:
- Intentional damage or damage due to gross negligence on the part of the driver.
- Damage resulting from the driver being under the influence of alcohol, stimulants or sedatives, or in any other way incapable of driving the vehicle in safe manner.
- Damage due to race or test driving.
- Damage due to war, revolution, civil unrest or riots.
- Damage done by animals.
- Holes burned into seats, carpets or mats.
- Damage affecting only wheels, tires, suspension, batteries, glass, radios, or loss by theft of parts of the vehicle and damage resulting from this.
- Damage caused by driving on rough roads to the vehicles transmission, drive, other parts that are in or attached to the chassis; damage to the chassis resulting from scraping the bottom on rough roads as a result of ridges being left by the road graders; stones lodged in the road surface or on the shoulder of the road. The same applies to damage occurring when stones are thrown up, striking the underside of the vehicle during driving.
- Damages resulting from driving in places where vehicle traffic is banned, such as paths, tracks, banks of snow, ice, unbridged rivers or streams, beaches, places only accessible at low tide, or other trackless areas.
- Damages caused by sand, gravel, ash, pumice, or other kinds of earth material being blown onto the vehicle.
- If the vehicle is transported by sea, no compensation will be paid for damage caused by sea spray/seawater.
- Damage to vehicles caused by driving on roads marked with an F in public maps as well as driving on Kjölur (Road 35) or Kaldidalur (road 550)
- Lessors loss because of the vehicle being stolen.
- Water damage to the vehicle.
- Gravel Protection (GP): This protection covers headlights and the paint on the car when gravel or rocks get thrown on the vehicle by another car or while driving on gravel roads with 0 excess. Included in price is also front screen insurance with 30% excess. The gravel protection is available for $11.00 per day plus taxes.
- Theft Protection (TP): TP covers theft of retal vehicle, TP is available for $6.50 per day plus taxes.
- Sand And Ash Protection (SAAP): Insurance companies do not cover damage caused by ash- and sandstorm so the customer is fully responsible for those kind of damages. The renter is able to purchase Sand and Ash Protection (SAAP) to lower there self risk for caused by ash/sandstorm damaging the paint of the car, windows, lights and plastic. These damages can cost between 500,000 to 1’500,000 ISK to fix. By purchasing SAAP the self risk in case of damage from sand and ash is lowered to 160,000 ISK. We offer the SAAP for $13.00 per day plus taxes.
If renter comes with CDW protection or any other kind of 3rd party insurance he will have to take care of any kind of damages up to his liability and then claim it from his own insurance.
Rates that are impacted by a website technical issue, database issue or other means will not be honored by the location if the rate display was inaccurate due to a technical issue or tampering issue to change the rate display.
OUT OF HOURS
We have an out of hour fee of $35.00 USD for pick up and drop off made when station is closed.
For more information about your pre-paid booking, please contact directly to the provider/website where you made the booking. If any additional questions, please call our Call Center 01-800-830-6030 within Mexico and +52(33)-3122-0878 within US.
The following credit cards are accepted for payment of the rental: Visa, MasterCard and American Express. We do NOT accept cash or travelers checks for any type of payment. All rentals are subject to the full rental agreement terms and conditions at the time of rental. A credit card imprint will be taken at the start of all rentals for security reasons, even when a voucher covers the cost of the rental. This credit card imprint may be used to pay all extra charges including extra insurance, parking fines, fuel, damages or any cost due to the rented car as a result of the renters use of the car. At the time of pick up you will be required to leave a deposit to cover the value of the insurance excess. The blocked/charged amount will be returned in full at the end of the rental if the vehicle is returned in the same condition as rented. Please note due to the foreign exchange rate and other possible banking charges the customer will have to take responsibility for the possible expenses involved when the deposit/excess is charged/refund. After hours drop offs are allowed with prior authorization. Your deposit will be held until the car is retuned to the rental company in the same condition as rented. One way rentals are not available.
At the time of rental, all clients must pay the total amount due for the rental, as well as a deposit of $358,000 ISK.
The minimum rental period is one day (24 hours) for rentals picked up and returned to the same location. You will have 1 hour courtesy to return the vehicle without charging another rental day. No refunds can be given for unused or partly used car hire vouchers, unless the cancellation or change has been made prior to your pick-up date. We reserve the right to substitute vehicles when the reserved car type is not available.
Please do not smoke in any of our vehicles. Our entire fleet has been designated as NON-SMOKING. A charge will apply if any cigarette smoke is detected.